October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month. We at HAA wanted to provide you with some eye-opening information on the growing threat presented by cyber attacks.
Here are 6 important things we want you to know in regards’ to the growing cyber attacks:
- Ransomware infection rates saw a massive increase in 2020, largely due to the increased of online learning and teleworking platforms.
- The average downtime due to a ransomware attack was 21 days in Quarter 4 of 2020 compared to 19 days in Quarter 3 2020.
- Phishing emails, lack of training, and weak passwords are some of the top causes of ransomware attacks.
- One out of three employees will risk running malware on a work computer.
- More than 95% of malware-distributing emails require human action, such as following links or accepting security warnings.
- Most cybercrime is now mobile—studies show 70% of online fraud is done on mobile platforms.
Unfortunately, we don’t know what tomorrow will bring in terms of cyber attacks. They continue to become more frequent and severe, sometimes infecting a huge group by targeting just one key organization. This speaks volumes to the importance of cybersecurity insurance for businesses.
If you’d like to learn more about the protection cybersecurity insurance offers, click the link to send us an email. We’d love to help!